The Higher Automobile Insurance Premium Myth
The Labor Rate Bill Will Be Paid For By Policyholders
• The Labor Rate Bill will cost less than $7.00 per policyholder staggered over the first couple of years
• Insurers put their policies ON SALE by offering gimmicks that cost hundreds of dollars per policy to get and keep customers
– “Better Car Replacement”
– “Accident Forgiveness”
– “Vanishing Deductibles”
– “10-15% Bundled Home and Auto Policy
• Auto insurance is not a “loss-leader” for carriers – they’re making money and they’re spending millions to promote their many discounts
• It is doubtful that they will pass this small expense on
to policyholders – in fact, IT’S A MYTH!
Massachusetts maintains one of the lowest insurance rates in the country as reported by Forbes.com and Insure.com (Click here) as well as the #1 most affordable insurance in the country as reported by insweb.com.(Click here)
The Labor Hour Myth
Low Labor Rates in Massachusetts Are Offset By Extra Labor Hours
• We all know an insurance company wouldn’t just pay for unjustified labor hours
• All labor hours on estimates and final invoices are agreed to by licensed insurance company appraisers
• No insurance appraiser would EVER commit fraud against his or her own insurance company
• EXTRA LABOR HOURS IN MASSACHUSETTS ARE A MYTH – OR ARE INSURERS COMMITTING FRAUD?
The “Bad for Consumers” Myth
The Labor Rate Bill Is Bad For Consumers
• The Labor Rate Bill will enable body shops to keep up with the technology to perform safer repairs
• Vehicles are not the same as they were even five years ago – shops need to update equipment, tools and training on an ongoing basis, not once every twenty years!
• An insurance company not paying for a proper repair is committing MALPRACTICE against their policyholders
• Consumers want their vehicles repaired to the condition they were in prior to the accident – THAT’S WHAT THEY PAY FOR!